VAPRO® Vapor Pressure Osmometer Model 5600
The advantages of vapor pressure osmometry are now embodied in the most intelligent osmometer ever produced! The VAPRO Vapor Pressure Osmometer brings unprecedented simplicity, convenience, and accuracy to the routine determination of osmolality to help meet the demands of today’s clinical and research laboratory. Auto-calibration, a self-cleaning thermocouple, self-diagnostics, statistical analysis, and computer interface with printout capabilities make the VAPRO osmometer a must for any busy laboratory. With a small sample requirement you can assay hard-to-get or expensive samples using the vapor pressure method.
Download brochure to learn more...
- ADH Therapy
- Body Fluids and Stool analysis
- Burn Therapy
- Coma (Diabetic)
- Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis by Osmolality Assay of Sweat
- Differential Diagnosis of Diabetes
- Insipidus Differential Diagnosis of Polyuria or Oliguria
- Fetal Maturity
- Vaccine Production
- I.V. Therapy
- Insulin Therapy
- Renal Function and Dialysis
- Serum osmolality and Osmolal Discriminant
- Surgery and Post Operative
- Trauma, Head Injury, and Shock
- Blood bank assessment of residual glycerol in final cell suspensions
- Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition Preparations
- Monitoring Infant Formulas
- Physiological Infusion Solutions
- Reagent and Standard Solutions
- Botany and Plant Physiology
- Cancer Research
- Cell Biology
- Chemical Industry
- Electron Microscopy
- Food and Beverage Processing
- Genetic Research
- Marine Biology
- Molecular Weight Determinations (0-10,000 g/mol)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Research
- Soil Physics
- Tissue Culture
- Transplantation and Embryology
- Veterinary Medicine
The vapor pressure method determines osmolality at room temperature with the sample in natural equilibrium. This precludes cryoscopic artifacts due to high viscosity, suspended particles, or other conditions that can interfere with freezing point determinations, giving VAPRO a much broader range of applications.
- Superb Accuracy: Error rate is less than 1% in the clinical range.
- Self-Cleaning: The thermocouple cleans itself reducing maintenance and improving performance.
- Easy Calibration: automatically set the calibration parameters with the push of a button.
- Economical: Low initial cost.
- Lab Report Software: Combine user-provided information with measurement results directly from the VAPRO to produce a printable and savable report.
Catalogue number: Model 5600
Sample Volume: 10 µl (2µl, 20µl, and 60µl sample holders also available)
Measurement Range: 20 to 3200 mOsmol/kg (up to 3500 mmol/kg with extended range osmometer)
Measurement Time: ~90 seconds
Weight: 6.8 kg (15 lbs)
Dimensions: 8 in x 11 in x 14 in
Want to learn more about our product, request a demonstration, get an official quote, or just get in touch with us at ELITechGroup?
Click Here >